Friday 2 October 2015

My "Not a Box"

This is my "not a box", or a drawing that began as a box and then became something else. The inspiration for this assignment came from a book "Not a Box" by Antoinette Portis.

Creativity is so important for students, and they should feel encouraged to be creative in the classroom. I know that for myself, I learn best when I feel curious, and I feel most curious when I have a chance for creativity. When students are given chances to present their work creatively, they are reinforced as individuals with a unique personality rather than as robot #345. Instead of spoon feeding our students information, we should give them opportunities to grow as critical thinkers who know how to sort through information, critique it, state an opinion about it and apply it to their lives. Creativity encourages the type of free thinking that allows students to see things from different perspectives and notice connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment