Friday 11 September 2015

Hello

To all those reading this blog, hello and welcome!

My name is Nicole Horlings, and I am currently in the beginning of my consecutive education course at Brock University. It is incredible finally starting this course since teaching in an elementary school has been a dream of mine ever since I was in elementary school. I have always had a passion for learning, and for sharing information about the things that I have learned with other people. While I was in elementary school, I had several fantastic teachers who really inspired me to become a teacher myself after I saw the impact that they had on myself and my fellow classmates. I am quite vocal about this passion, and as a result, one of my friends from high school told me about an English for Kids camp in Quebec that she thought I would enjoy volunteering at. I have volunteered at this camp four times now, and it is one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I have also volunteered at the elementary school that I attended as a kid, which is a really fun experience since I have gotten to see the other side of education.

For my undergrad, I studied English Language and Literature at Brock University. I am passionate about storytelling in any form. The genre that is closest to my heart is fantasy, since it was the genre that first turned me into a reader. I am currently working on writing a novel of my own, and also enjoy writing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment